Monday, July 1, 2013

Fiesta Chicken Wraps

I don't update my blog for months, and now twice in one day. Amazing what a little free time can do.

I'll make this one short and sweet. I discovered this recipe on, you guessed it, Pinterest! I had made these before, but I don't think I posted the recipe.

Here is the link for Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps by Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

Here is her recipe with my substitutions/omissions:

  • 1 cup rice (I cooked in a rice cooker. It yielded 2 cups cooked.)
  • 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken 
  • 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 green onion, finely sliced (white and green parts)
  • 1/2 red pepper, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • shredded cheese (I used a mex cheese blend)
  • Sour cream (optional)
  • 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
           1. Cook 1 cup rice with 2 cups water in a rice cooker. Then drain and rinse pinto beans. In a small skillet, soften the diced red peppers. Add the pinto beans. Cook together until the beans are warm. 
  • "2. Mix rice together with chili powder and garlic salt. Add remaining ingredients except for cheese and sour cream. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla.Roll stuffed tortillas, leaving edges open and slightly flatten the wraps with the palm of your hand. 

  • 3. Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange wraps, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Cooking them seam-side down first helps seal the long edge so they don’t fall apart. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve warm."

No comments:

Post a Comment