Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Christmas Craft

Here we are again. Another day, another recipe. Unfortunately, everyone knows the recipe for grilled cheese (that's what we had last night), so I'm going to share a crafty Christmas project.

This first piece of crafty genius was of course discovered on Pinterest. Before Christmas, Corey wanted to make burlap wreaths. After some persuasion, I was in. We ventured to the fabric store, the craft store, bought a lot of burlap and Christmas accessories, grabbed the scissors, and went to work. Now, if you are a neat freak I highly recommend that you do not do this in the house. The burlap threads end up EVERYWHERE. My friend had to vacuum me. True story. Anyway back to the wreath.

You need:
Scissors, foam wreath form, burlap, ribbon, and some decorations with a wire stem.

Directions:
Cut burlap into 1-2 inch wide strips, depending on how you want the final "look". Note: The thicker the strip, the harder it is for the tie to stay tied. I used about 1 to 1.5 inch wide strips
Once you have the width properly cut, you'll need to cut the length. I cut my strips to be about 12 inches long. You want to have it long enough to tie and have at least a 3 inch piece left on each side of the tied part.
Then tie each piece of burlap to the wreath form, overlapping slightly to avoid gaps.
The rest is pretty self explanatory, but if you need more direction please let me know and I'd be happy to help.




No comments:

Post a Comment