Monday, January 23, 2012

Jeff's Corn Salsa

While browsing one of my favorite sites, Pinterest, I came across a link to "Chipotle's secret recipes".
"It's too good to be true," I thought. For some of the recipes, including the steak marinade, it was too good to be true. After tasting the steak that we marinated in this concoction, I was glad I didn't smother it on everything.  I digress. The corn salsa doesn't taste exactly like the amazing Chipotle corn salsa, but it tastes pretty delicious, especially on tacos. YUM!

Before I write out the recipe, a word of caution. Do NOT make this in a metal bowl. How do I know this? We made it in a metal bowl and it turned out to be really bitter and we ended up tossing it out.

(Here is the Original recipe that we found: Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe. Then there was a modified version based on that one which used frozen corn. Simply put- Don't use frozen corn.)

Jeff's Corn Salsa: 
6 ears roasted corn on the cob (removed from the cob of course)
    - First, soak the ears in water for 1-2 hours. Then, with the husks still on, roast on the bbq or in the oven u   until the husks become brownish.
1/3 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
2 green jalapenos finely chopped (if you want a spicier salsa, add more jalapenos and/or seeds)
1/4 of a red onion finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste (we used about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper)
1 roasted poblano pepper, finely chopped. (Grocery stores often call this a pasilla pepper, which is what we used.)
    - Roast the poblano in the over on 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes. The waxy coating on the pepper should be peeling back. Once the pepper cools, peel off the waxy coating and chop the pepper.
After tasting and re-tasting this last night we could not figure out what we had forgotten. As I was writing this recipe out for you, I realized it was missing the cilantro. I better go add some now.

Farewell!









No comments:

Post a Comment